This is my elevated adult version of chicken nuggets! They’re crispy, crunchy goodness and when dipped in this sauce, I promise you will feel like a kid again. One of the best things about this recipe is that it is very versatile. You could cut these strips up over a pasta dish, use them in a tasty lunch wrap or serve them up for the kids with fries. I usually make them for a lower carb meal with a garden salad on the side.
The honey mustard sauce is a family recipe that has been around for years! My mom first made it for me as a kid when we would make “shake n bake” chicken nuggets for dinner time. The curry in the sauce gives it tons of bright flavor and it’s a sauce I’ll keep making over and over and never get tired of it.
I hope you enjoy this quick, easy and versatile meal. When you try this recipe – send me an email or tag me on social media. I’d love to see how you served up these chicken strips and sauce.
Yield: 4 Servings
Easy Cracker Chicken Strips & Honey Mustard Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Do you need an easy meal that the whole family will love? We got you.
This cracker crusted chicken and tangy honey mustard sauce will make lunch or dinner simple and tasty.
In 30 minutes you'll have gourmet baked chicken strips hot out of the oven and ready to devour with the best dipping sauce (and i mean the best) ever.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F°. Make the sauce first, by combining all ingredients into a bowl and whisking until smooth. Set aside in the fridge for later. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper for the chicken.
2. Place the crackers and all seasoning into a large zip lock bag, squeeze out any air inside the bag and seal it. Grab a mallet and smash the crackers until they are all broken up into a crumb-like texture. Transfer to a shallow bowl and set aside.
3. Next, Clean and cut the chicken breast into 1 inch strips. Set up your assembly line to coat the chicken. (1) Chicken (2) Whisked Egg (3) Cracker crumb mixture (4) Baking Sheet. Coat each piece of chicken with the egg, dripping off any excess, then lightly press crumbs onto the chicken to then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat the process until all the chicken is done.
4. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes – checking to see if the chicken is juicy and white on the inside by cutting one piece open with a knife. If it is still pink, add another few minutes and check again.
5. When the chicken is done, take the sauce of the fridge and serve immediately!
I used Cheddar Nibs for my cracker choice – very tasty and cheesy. If you want a lighter, healthier alternative try using a Breton Cracker or a seedy/multigrain one. Just make sure it is a soft cracker rather than a firm type.
I serve this with a big garden salad, as pictured. But of course you can use these chicken strips in a wrap, sandwich, serve with fries or top it over pasta. Many options!
1 Amount Per Serving:Calories: 400
Calories are based upon ingredients I used and may differ to the brands used for this recipe.
Save this post for later and share it with the people you love the most!
I found this easy grilled tuscan chicken salad in @real_simple magazine. This magazine is a family favourite to gather and try new recipes from. They do an awesome job at featuring healthy and easy meals for any kind of food lover.
I absolutely love trying new recipes, tweaking them and making them how I want to. I think that’s the fun of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. This easy grilled tuscan chicken salad has a homemade dressing and pan fried garlic croutons and it’s sure to be a delicious dinner.
If you are into making your work week lunches easy-peasy like me, then double this recipe and have salad for the week. It’s the absolute best when I can meal prep with a delicious recipe and this is for sure a keeper! I hope you love this salad as much as I do, thanks for being here.
I really hope you find this recipe tasty and share this salad with someone you love. I’m excited to hear all about how making this recipe goes and please feel free to share your experience with me!
Yields: 2 hearty salads or 3 moderate salads
Yield: 2 Big Salads
Easy Tuscan Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
This salad is packed full of delicious, nutritious ingredients. It has flavourful baby arugula, honey lemon dressing, juicy grilled chicken, tangy red grapes and pan-fried garlic croutons! It is sure to be an easy, low carb dinner or make it part of your meal prep Sunday plan!
I hope you love this healthy and falvourful salad as much as I do. Thanks for visiting Mik's Kitchen!
1. Start by creating the marinade for the chicken using 1 clove of minced garlic, the zest of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp. avocado oil, oregano and honey. Pour the marinade over the chicken and let it soak for 20 minutes in the fridge. Then pan fry the chicken on medium-high so it gets a crispy crust (about 3 minutes a side) in a large pan.
2. Using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, finish cooking the chicken in the oven at 400° F for another 5-10 minutes, checking until its white and juicy on the inside.
3. While the chicken is cooking in the oven – cut the grapes in half and soak them in the 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar for a minimum of 15 minutes. Then grate the cheese and set it aside. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then cut it into 1″ strips. Set that aside too.
4. To make the dressing, combine avocado oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Stir or shake to combine and taste as you go!
5. Cut the sourdough bread into 1″ cubes. Pan fry the bread in 1 tbsp. of oil, 1 minced garlic clove, salt and pepper, until golden brown and crunchy. Yum!!!!
6. Once all your ingredients are prepped up, you can toss the baby arugula in the dressing and plate it. Add the halved grapes to the arugula salad (after straining the red wine vinegar out from them) and top with grilled chicken. Add the crunchy warm croutons, the grated cheese and you're all done!
Mik's Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.ca. Thank you for your support!