This is my elevated adult version of chicken nuggets! They’re crispy, crunchy goodness and when dipped in this sauce, I promise you will feel like a kid again. One of the best things about this recipe is that it is very versatile. You could cut these strips up over a pasta dish, use them in a tasty lunch wrap or serve them up for the kids with fries. I usually make them for a lower carb meal with a garden salad on the side.
The honey mustard sauce is a family recipe that has been around for years! My mom first made it for me as a kid when we would make “shake n bake” chicken nuggets for dinner time. The curry in the sauce gives it tons of bright flavor and it’s a sauce I’ll keep making over and over and never get tired of it.
I hope you enjoy this quick, easy and versatile meal. When you try this recipe – send me an email or tag me on social media. I’d love to see how you served up these chicken strips and sauce.
Do you need an easy meal that the whole family will love? We got you.
This cracker crusted chicken and tangy honey mustard sauce will make lunch or dinner simple and tasty.
In 30 minutes you'll have gourmet baked chicken strips hot out of the oven and ready to devour with the best dipping sauce (and i mean the best) ever.
- 4 Chicken breasts, Cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 1½ Cups of your favourite crackers, crushed
- ¼ Tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ Tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ Tsp. oregano
- ½ Tsp. salt
- ½ Tsp. black pepper
- Coconut or Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 Cup avocado mayo
- 2 Tsp. liquid honey
- 2 Tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F°. Make the sauce first, by combining all ingredients into a bowl and whisking until smooth. Set aside in the fridge for later. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper for the chicken.
2. Place the crackers and all seasoning into a large zip lock bag, squeeze out any air inside the bag and seal it. Grab a mallet and smash the crackers until they are all broken up into a crumb-like texture. Transfer to a shallow bowl and set aside.
3. Next, Clean and cut the chicken breast into 1 inch strips. Set up your assembly line to coat the chicken. (1) Chicken (2) Whisked Egg (3) Cracker crumb mixture (4) Baking Sheet. Coat each piece of chicken with the egg, dripping off any excess, then lightly press crumbs onto the chicken to then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat the process until all the chicken is done.
4. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes – checking to see if the chicken is juicy and white on the inside by cutting one piece open with a knife. If it is still pink, add another few minutes and check again.
5. When the chicken is done, take the sauce of the fridge and serve immediately!
I used Cheddar Nibs for my cracker choice – very tasty and cheesy. If you want a lighter, healthier alternative try using a Breton Cracker or a seedy/multigrain one. Just make sure it is a soft cracker rather than a firm type.
I serve this with a big garden salad, as pictured. But of course you can use these chicken strips in a wrap, sandwich, serve with fries or top it over pasta. Many options!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400
Calories are based upon ingredients I used and may differ to the brands used for this recipe.