I found this easy grilled tuscan chicken salad in @real_simple magazine. This magazine is a family favourite to gather and try new recipes from. They do an awesome job at featuring healthy and easy meals for any kind of food lover.
I absolutely love trying new recipes, tweaking them and making them how I want to. I think that’s the fun of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. This easy grilled tuscan chicken salad has a homemade dressing and pan fried garlic croutons and it’s sure to be a delicious dinner.
If you are into making your work week lunches easy-peasy like me, then double this recipe and have salad for the week. It’s the absolute best when I can meal prep with a delicious recipe and this is for sure a keeper! I hope you love this salad as much as I do, thanks for being here.
I really hope you find this recipe tasty and share this salad with someone you love. I’m excited to hear all about how making this recipe goes and please feel free to share your experience with me!
Yields: 2 hearty salads or 3 moderate salads
This salad is packed full of delicious, nutritious ingredients. It has flavourful baby arugula, honey lemon dressing, juicy grilled chicken, tangy red grapes and pan-fried garlic croutons! It is sure to be an easy, low carb dinner or make it part of your meal prep Sunday plan!
I hope you love this healthy and falvourful salad as much as I do. Thanks for visiting Mik's Kitchen!
- 3 Cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 Cups red grapes, halved
- 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 2 Slices of thick sourdough bread
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tsp. oregano
- 1/2 Tsp. honey
1. Start by creating the marinade for the chicken using 1 clove of minced garlic, the zest of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp. avocado oil, oregano and honey. Pour the marinade over the chicken and let it soak for 20 minutes in the fridge. Then pan fry the chicken on medium-high so it gets a crispy crust (about 3 minutes a side) in a large pan.
2. Using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, finish cooking the chicken in the oven at 400° F for another 5-10 minutes, checking until its white and juicy on the inside.
3. While the chicken is cooking in the oven – cut the grapes in half and soak them in the 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar for a minimum of 15 minutes. Then grate the cheese and set it aside. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then cut it into 1″ strips. Set that aside too.
4. To make the dressing, combine avocado oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Stir or shake to combine and taste as you go!
5. Cut the sourdough bread into 1″ cubes. Pan fry the bread in 1 tbsp. of oil, 1 minced garlic clove, salt and pepper, until golden brown and crunchy. Yum!!!!
6. Once all your ingredients are prepped up, you can toss the baby arugula in the dressing and plate it. Add the halved grapes to the arugula salad (after straining the red wine vinegar out from them) and top with grilled chicken. Add the crunchy warm croutons, the grated cheese and you're all done!
Mik's Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.ca. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600
Calories are based upon ingredients I personally used, may differ to the brands used for this salad.